Head Coach Todd Lantz
Assistants Deyan Dimitrov,
Conor Berlin 


Kentridge Wrestling
Double-click to start typing
Double-click to start typing
Double-click to start typing

Kentridge Wrestling

'Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy' - Dan Gable

Wrestling Boosters

Meeting Minutes - 1/14/16

Attendees: 

Great turnout! Sorry for the cramped quarters in the coach’s office! Jen and Dean Pisciotta (Lucas), Bill and Carol Freitag (Derek), Erica Finkbeiner (Zach), Charline Dickerson (Javien), Janet Bala (Edward), Donna and Gra (Kyle Jennings), Rusty Smith (Tyler), Denise Adams (James), Rebecca Shores (John, Isaiah), Janet and David Slasor (Kyle), Todd and Carrie Lantz (Tyler), Carla Viltz (Payton).


Coach’s Review: 

Todd discussed the remaining schedule and his enthusiasm that KR has got to go to some better tournaments this year based on improving reputation (Gut Check and Dream Duals). This will benefit the kids next year as well (such as achieving a Tri-State full team invite). This becomes more expensive as well which will probably mean we need to increase fundraising methods.

Todd announced that the district is FINALLY stepping up to provide a new wrestling mat for Kentridge. They will also resurface the old mat and the P.E. budget will pay for new padding around the perimeter walls of the wrestling room. Great news!

On 1/29 is the charity dual with Rogers HS in the middle of the South Hill Mall. Have your wrestlers bring in canned food to the wrestling room between now and then and it will be collected and hauled down there. Bring more to the mall and watch a fun event.


Schedule: 

We reviewed the remaining wrestling schedule 1/16 Auburn Mountainview Tournament, Bonney Lake 2nd Man Slam 1/20 Dual Meet at KM 1/21 Home Dual Meet vs. Todd Beamer 1/23 Dream Duals – Spokane Convention Center, need coordinator! 1/27 Senior Night Home Dual vs Federal Way 1/29 Dual vs Rogers Puyallup at South Hill Mall 1/30 Curtis High Beserker Tournament 2/5-6 Sub-regionals (league) at KM 2/13 Regionals – Camas HS in Vancouver 2/19-20 State – Tacoma Dome


Finance Review: 

From a rough look ahead of our 2015-2016 budget, we will finish about $400-700 under our starting position ($3019.75). We had $4241 in income (last 3 years was between $2200-$3300) but we had an increase of expenses as well. We already have an increase of around $300 in tournament expenses (before Spokane hotel costs). It appears that 2 years ago, we may have used Spirit Wear as a sort of fundraiser but have not done that in last 2 years.

We did discuss that some big expenses this year will not be repeated next year; i.e. for championship singlets ($760), senior blankets ($557 but we bought stock that should last for 2 more classes) so the budget will improve next year to start with.

Jen Pisciotta will investigate initiating a GoFundMe account for the spring to boost our account reserves and set the Boosters up better going into next year. This type of fundraiser will also allow us to reach friends and family from out of town. A spring car wash or other fundraiser will also be considered.


Dream Duals: Most attendees are parents of wrestlers not going, so I volunteered to finish coordination of securing a hotel, determining how many rooms parents are getting and coordinating driving plans to get all of our wrestlers to Spokane. Confirmed driving are Lantzes, Freitags, Rusty Smith, Slasors and Tom Meier as well as coaches Deyan, Dillon and Tony. Boosters will have to pay for one room for coaches.


Pictures: We need pictures taken and provided to me or loaded to the website Photos tab. I don’t have everyone covered with pictures I have been taking so far this year to become part of the end of year slideshow.

Team and individual professional photos should be done next week according to Rebecca Shores. Todd said he needs a team picture to submit to Dream Duals for their program.


Home duals: Janet Slasor says that we are good on concession supplies but needs volunteers for . Bill reported that the commitment by the Choir Director to have anthem singers is falling through as no one committed for the 1st home dual. We decided to only ask for someone for the senior night. **Jen Pisciotta volunteered to contact Catherine Robinson to get that commitment or perhaps get the same group that has sung for the Chats this year.


Senior Night: Janet says the blankets are ready, flowers ordered, that the Leadership class will help set up the balloon arch using the school helium tank and music/lights are setup from the Slasor’s neighbor. Janet needs volunteers to help setup and run concessions. **Dean Pisciotta volunteered to help pass out the senior blankets/flowers.


2016-2017 Volunteers and Positions Review

President: Jen Pisciotta has volunteered. Thanks Jen! 

Concessions: Kellie Lee 

Fundraising: Rebecca Shores 

Spirit Wear: Nicky Parfitt – volunteered tonight 

Web Site: Two volunteers tonight! – Carrie Lantz and Ryan Simpson (If he is still foster parent for Jaron next year) I will coach and assist going into next year. 

Secretary: Denise Adams 

Treasurer: Jennifer Smith – volunteered tonight by phone through Rusty!

I feel much better about handing things off now. Way to step up freshman parents!


Regionals/State T-shirts – We buy shirts for the kids to regionals and then offer additional for sale. State is for sale only. Need coordinator NOW. We will go with Dugans (expensive) and almost same design unless someone can take this on.


Awards Banquet: Carrie Lantz will coordinate the potluck dinner again this year. Todd to schedule a night to be at the school cafeteria during the week after State. He will arrange for wrestler awards which are provided by the school. COACH AND OTHER THANK YOUS STILL NEED TO BE ORGANIZED


Parent Contact Info:

There was a request for parent contact info. I will send what I have out with the minutes from this meeting.

Thanks for all of the participation! I am looking forward to a great end of the year for our wrestlers with a great performance in the post-season!

Go Chargers!

Bill Freitag

Meeting Minutes – 11/22/15

Thanks to all that attended the 2nd Kentridge Wrestling Boosters meeting of 2015-2016 at the Freitag's house: David and Janet Slasor, Rob Holman, Todd and Carrie Lantz, Rebecca Shores, Tom Meier, Rey and Lisa Trevino, and Bill and Carol Freitag, and freshman parents Kellie Lee, Jen Pisciotta, and Michael Heimdale.

Parent Meeting Planning:
Todd distributed flyers to all of the wrestlers for a Tuesday 11/24 parent meeting at 7:35 which is after wrestling practice and the parent teacher conferences. Kentridge did not plan any winter sports night for parents but AD Eric Anderson will come and speak to our wrestling parents meeting. We will use the draft letter that Janet Slasor created. Bill will send out an e-mail to all of the addresses he has collected as a reminder or initial notification for those that did not see the meeting flyer.

Parent Contact Info: Todd had the team managers collect contact info from all of the kids and will provide that to Bill for consolidation. Bill received many freshman contacts from Ryan Simpson which was a great help. When complete, the contact list will be sent out to all parents and boosters. E-mail will be used for parents as reminders for all events and urging to see the web site for schedule and event info.

We discussed Facebook usage since very few people have joined the Facebook group. It was acknowledged that Facebook just isn’t used by the kids anymore and is not the best way to reach all of them. Twitter was also suggested as a way to reach more of the kids.

Fundraising: Carol reviewed the Fundraising status. Cookie dough sales packets for Otis Spunkmeyer have been distributed along with a letter explaining the buyout requirements and schedule. Turn in for orders and money is scheduled for Wednesday 12/2.

Pickup of the products will be the week of 12/14. Since that is the week of Tri-State and those people leave Thursday morning 12/17, the pickup needs to be earlier in the week. With a dual on Wednesday night, that leaves Monday and Tuesday for pickup and distribution. David Slasor volunteered for pickup at NWFundraising and Mike Heimdale volunteered for a second truck if required. That need will be determined later based on quantity of product ordered.

Mike Heimdale suggested that the Boosters consider a GoFundMe fundraising to be able to collect money for those that don’t care about the cookie dough product or for relatives and friends who are not local. The Boosters agreed that this would be a great idea but possibly after the first of the year.

Spirit Wear Status: Orders have been collected with a few late stragglers. Delivery of spirit wear will likely be after the 12/5 tournament.

The team shirts designed by the seniors have been finalized and Janet will follow up with Custom Ink. Janet will coordinate the order and payment.

Pictures: Rebecca Shores coordinated pictures from Memory Makers Photography to be on 12/10 at 5pm. She provided a copy of the order form which offerspackages and A la carte options. The order form will be passed out on the Monday before pictures.

Concessions: Janet has a revised list for volunteers to bring in concession supplies. The list was passed around at Boosters and almost completely filled out. Supplies will be needed by Monday 12/2. The list will be taken to the parents meeting for additional volunteers.

Jen Pisciotta recommended our usage of the ASB owned popcorn machine for concessions. The Boosters would have to buy the popcorn but would have free use of the machine. We were not aware of this availability before.

Home Meet Environment: We again discussed sprucing up the home meets. Bill reported on his contact with KR Choir teacher Catherine Robinson about having choir members sing the national anthem at the 3 Home meets: 12/9 Tahoma, 1/6 Todd Beamer and 1/27 Federal Way (senior night). Bill will ask for the Jazz Choir for Senior Night and have Mrs. Robinson choose the other singers.

Slasors got agreement from their DJ neighbor for doing a lights show for Senior Night. He will do lasers and music. Todd said that he wished they could have more exciting announcing, and Jen Pisciotta said that her husband Dean could do that.

Mike Heimdale suggested that perhaps a Kentridge A/V club could be contacted to do music and audio setup for the home duals. A quick check with the KR web site showed no A/V club listed although that does not mean that there is not one.

Senior Night: Janet asked for review of her proposed blankets for the ~17 seniors. We could get a rolled up blanket with KR logo for only about $8 per blanket. She also mentioned that she wants to have a balloon arch and we discussed availability of helium to be used. KR ASB may have a tank available for use.

Tri-State: Bill reserved 4 hotel rooms at the Spring Hill Suites. He will distribute info for the rooms to be reserved by Lantzes, Slasors, Freitags and Meiers.

Stadium Chairs: Bill e-mailed the provider of stadium chairs previously (Shar Lueders) but has not received a response. He will ask for interest at the parents meeting for the number of chairs to order.

Wrestling Room: Todd expressed his desire to have a permanent motivational presence mounted in the wrestling room, such as plaques for awards and state participants. Mike Heimdale said that he could take advantage of the shop from his Air Force buddies for making inexpensive plaques and also laser printed banners. He said that he would like to make something with the “Legs Feed the Wolf” saying on it and also an Iron Charger plaque as motivational tools for the team.

Charity Event Jan 29th with Rogers: Todd said he will need help in coordinating the 2nd edition of this charity event where we will have a varsity dual with Rogers at the South Hill Mall, called ‘Brawl at the Mall’. This time the wrestling will be in the open mall itself and not in the empty store. Todd will need help with food pick up and drop off at the food bank.

Thanks for all of the participation! I am looking forward to a fun last year as a wrestling parent and hope for better participation by the parents of younger wrestlers!

Bill

Meeting Minutes – 11/1/15

Thanks to all that attended the 1st Kentridge Wrestling Boosters meeting of 2015-2016 at the Lantz's house: David and Janet Slasor, Rob Holman, Todd and Carrie Lantz, Rebecca Shores, Rick Finkbeiner, Kellie Lee, ___ Galloway (sorry I did not write down your first name!) and of course Bill and Carol Freitag.

Club Positions: We started off by discussing club positions. I will continue as President and will serve as Secretary as well. Rob Holman was coerced/volunteered to remain our Treasurer even though his son is no longer wrestling, and Carrie Lantz will be our representative to the Kentridge Boosters Club, Fundraising chair is Carol Freitag with Carla Viltz assisting, Concessions chair is Janet Slasor and Janet also volunteered to head up Spirit Wear. Clearly we need new parent involvement as these are ALL parents of seniors!

Schedule: Todd reviewed the tournament schedule and said that the tournaments signed up for this year will cost about $3000 - about the same as the last two years.

  • We can take 7 wrestlers to Tri-State this year.  Bill will coordinate reserving 4 hotel rooms at Spring Hill Suites where we stayed the previous year. Coach’s room will be paid for by Boosters same as last year. There are 2 school vans reserved. Todd will drive one and he would like Bill to drive the other one but he needs to do volunteer screening through the school.
  • There is also going to be bus for the GK Takedown Tourney on 12/1 which was a real problem last year getting everyone there when the bus fell through.

Weight Assessments on 11/20/14

  • Costs $5 for each wrestler.
  • Need 2 male volunteers from 2:30-5:00. Bill and David volunteered to assist.

Finance: Rob reviewed the Financials. We are starting with $3140, (Secretary’s Note: this is less than the $3658 at this time last year but comfortably above the $2422 from the year before). 

  • Todd ordered new shorts, jackets and singlets to increase and replace existing stock – with funding coming from what we receive from the general ASB budget.
  • We received $238.55 from the parent Kentridge Boosters club for the One Green Planer recycling effort ($302 last year)
  • Approved Todd's wish for additional special championship singlets. An additional 7 singlets plus new coach’s shirts will cost $760 from Eastbay.

Fundraising: Carol reviewed the Fundraising proposals. Do the same cookie dough sales or do the Snap fundraising that other KR sports have used in the past. Or do both. Snap would require each wrestler to respond with e-mail addresses to submit for Snap to send solicitiations to. Rob described that not all went well with this for another KR team and that the percentage of contributions that the team received was low. Todd reported that he coordinated this for the football team and they did very well. We discussed how we would manage a buyout with this fundraising and manage the number of people After much debate, it was decided that doing both was going to be too overwhelming and to stick with the known cookie dough sales. We also made

  • Last year, with buyouts and profit from the sales, we made about $2700.
  • We also made another $550 from concessions sales.
  • So…we are selling frozen cookie dough again. We will get 40% of sales and will have to pick up the product. We will start the sales by 11/17 and orders are due 12/3. Carol says pickups will be TBD but before Christmas.
  • We will keep the minimum sale of 10 items or $75 buyout as per last year.

Spirit Wear: We decided to repeat the free t-short order for the team so that everyone is guaranteed having some kind of KR wrestling wear no matter their ability to pay. Janet Slasor will coordinate sales from Eastbay which is who we used last year, with Eastbay and Nike products. Carrie and Janet will both explore options for the senior designed T-shirt that will go to all.

Pictures: Rebecca Shores repeated her volunteering from the end of last year to find someone to take pictures.

Concessions:

  • Janet Slasor and Kellie Lee volunteered to coordinate concessions and volunteers with Carrie Lantz’s assistance. They will audit our existing supplies and then solicit for donations from parents.
  • Home meets are 12/9 Tahoma, 1/6 Todd Beamer and 1/27 Federal Way (senior night)

Senior Night: Freitags and Slasors will work on planning. We discussed providing senior blankets for the large group of seniors this year. This would be very costly at $50 a pop from Dugans (last year’s source) – really unaffordable for our budget. We have around 15. Janet will explore optional sources for getting blankets.

Home Meet Environment: We discussed sprucing up the home meets. Slasors will follow up with their neighbor for potentially doing into lights. Bill will contact the KR choir teacher to see if she can coordinate KR singers to do the anthem for the 3 home meets.

Charity Event Jan 29th with Rogers: Todd said he will need help in coordinating the 2nd edition of this charity event where we will have a varsity dual with Rogers at the South Hill Mall. This will be an improved version, this time in the open mall itself and not in the empty store. Todd will need help with food pick up and drop off at the food bank.

Parents Meeting: Todd will find out if there will be a Kentridge Winter Sports parents night where we can combine a parents meeting for wrestling parents. If not, we will need to schedule our own meeting.

Thanks for all of the participation! I am looking forward to a fun last year as a wrestling parent and hope for better participation by the parents of younger wrestlers!

Bill

Meeting Minutes – 2/8/15

Thanks to all that attended the Kentridge Wrestling Boosters meeting on February 8th, 2015 at the Freitag's house: Dave and Janet Slasor, Rob and Lynda Holman, Sandy Covey, Todd and Carrie Lantz, Chuck and Carla Viltz, Tom Meier, Rebecca Shores and of course Bill and Carol Freitag.

Rob reviewed the Financials. We still have a bout $3800, comfortably above the same point last year. 

  • We will receive about $180-200 from the parent Kentridge Boosters club
  • The refund of a $100 buyout was sent to Mr. Jimmie Stennis due to his persistence in demanding it. Bill confirmed that it was received.
  • Noted Todd's wish for completing the order of special championship singlets for the beginning of next year.
  • Todd answered a question about having to pay for travel to next year’s Regional against GSHL in the Vancouver area by confirming that the KSD will pay for transportation, hotel and per diem for all wrestlers qualifying.
  • Discussed the collection of remaining buyouts. There had been 4 families that had not paid, 2 of which have since quit, 1 which it was agreed would not be received and 1 that has made a financial commitment in purchasing items for the team in another way and thus their delinquent buyout is waived. Bill will follow up with the one check payment that bounced from one family.

Award Banquet:

Confirmed that the banquet will be in the KR cafeteria on February 26th from 6-8pm, the week after the State tournament.

The Boosters will pay for water/drinks and a sheet cake. Carrie has created a flyer which specifies potluck responsibilities by school year. The flyer will be sent home with wrestlers this coming week.

Awards and plaques for the wrestlers are already ordered and will be paid for by the school. Todd has already coordinated all of the varsity letter certificates and academic award certificates.

Discussion about coaches gifts was deferred until later.

Todd will send Bill a final list of active wrestlers as of the end of the regular season.


Picture Slideshow/Video: Bill will coordinate putting this together, working with Rey Trevino to get pictures that he has taken combined with his own. He will send out an e-mail asking for pictures to be loaded on the website for use. It was suggested that we sell CD’s of the slideshow for $10 as another fundraiser for Boosters.

Speech to Parents: Bill will ask for those that helped with Boosters this year to standup, then ask those with Seniors to sit down, then same for the Juniors to show the remaining parents that there won’t be anyone left to run the Boosters. We need to encourage participation by parent of younger kids.


Blankets for seniors: The 2 blankets for Petru and Conor have been ordered. The club discussed reconsideration of providing the blankets to the other seniors who were not 4 year KR wrestlers and those will be ordered this week to be available in time for the banquet. Todd clarified that for the last 5 years he has been involved, ALL seniors have received the blankets.


Regionals Shirts:

Since we had neglected to preplan for alternatives to ordering the same style of t-shirts for Regionals, Carol contacted Dugans Inc who has provided them for the last 2 years to coordinate them again for this year. No time to redesign the t-shirt. We will go with the dark heather from as from last year’s regionals. It was agreed that the Boosters would pick up the cost of the wrestlers who qualified for regionals but parents would have to buy them.

Bill will get the invoice amount to Rob for the total amount and will collect payment from parents to be sent to Rob for deposit to the Boosters account.


Fundraising:

Mariners Ticket Sales: We had a long conversation about the possible participation in the Mariners tickets sales, with an overview provided by Chuck Viltz (works for Mariners). He explained that the terms of the sales are not nearly as favorable anymore for smaller groups as he can not combine all local HS sports teams together to get the best ticket prices (last year, tickets could be bought for $8 and sold for $15-20 for a good profit). This year the prices are variable by quantity 80-160 tickets costing $13 for a weekday and $15 for a weekend. So even if we sold them for $20, we would only profit $5 per ticket. If we sold 80, that would mean only $400. Cons were that we would have to commit to buy at least 80 tickets with risk that we don’t sell them, that we are really competing at the same time with the KR baseball team who is selling on the order of 1000 tickets, and that it is not a big payday for the risk. We decided that we would not participate in this fundraiser this year.


Car Wash: Several people proposed doing a car wash or two during the offseason. These are done by others at Autozone and The Golden Steer. The Golden Steer is really KM territory so we agreed to look into doing it at the Autozone at Fairwood. Lynda Holman will check with Autozone as to scheduling an event in the spring.


SNAP: Decided to take another look at participating in this program where each participant provides 20 e-mail addresses, SNAP creates a solicitation letter asking for funds to help pay for …. and then follows up with a reminder and thank you (3 e-mails only and no further use of the e-mail after our fundraiser). Word is that some teams have raised as much as $4,000 to $10,000 from this fundraiser alone. It requires the coach to contact them for signup. We agreed to do this in the fall as soon as we get the early turnout list in October.


Bleacher Chairs: We sold all 12 of the chair inventory that we had at the beginning of the year. We made an estimated $23 per chair for a net profit of about $275 for all 12. The committee agreed that we should order more and work on selling them at other sporting events. Bill will contact the company and find out what their minimum order is for a reorder.


Summer Camp: Todd reports that we raised around $600 from this last year and will do it again this summer. This money goes to the KR ASB fund and is then available to him for use in ordering uniform and equipment replacements.


Papa Murphy’s Cards: Brought up as an idea to sell them for $5 and keep $4. No decision made to do this or not.


Pictures:

Arrangements for pictures were not made for this year and it was agreed that it is too late. Boosters will plan this to happen at the beginning of next season. Tom Meier said that he has a friend that may take them for free and the provide discs of pictures for us to print out. It was proposed that if this worked out, that the Boosters could sell the picture discs to parents.

Rebecca Shores agreed to be the focal for pictures next year.


Open Discussion about Next Year:

Middle School Parents: Agreed on need to contact middle school coaches or booster clubs to get list of parent contacts and find out about active parents coming to KR next year. Carla will contact Northwood’s Aaron Olson and Bill will contact Todd Smith for Meeker.

Home Duals: Todd discussed the desire to have home duals be more of a show with music and a mat light. Slasors have a friend that does lighting that might be able to setup theatrical type lighting. An idea was to look for KR kids to sing the national anthem or play music during breaks.

Big purchases: A mat light installation might be around $4,000 and a new mat is around $10,000, both out of reach right now without more fundraising coming in.

Tournament: Todd would still like to possibly do a tournament next year – perhaps a kiddie tournament with WSWA instead of a high school tournament. They can be big money makers. No one on the committee felt capable or knowledgeable enough to take that on. We need someone that has done it before (Rodger Berlin? Or partner with someone like Ruben Navejas of PCJWL)


Thanks for all of the participation!

Bill Freitag

KR Wrestling Boosters President

Notes from 11/4/14 Boosters Meeting

Thanks to all that attended the 1st Kentridge Wrestling Boosters meeting of 2014-2015 at the Freitag's house: Dave and Janet Slasor, Rob and Lynda Holman, Sandy Covey, Todd Lantz, Chuck and Carla Viltz and of course Bill and Carol Freitag.

We started off by discussing club positions. I volunteered to be President and will serve as Secretary as well. Rob Holman is our Treasurer and representative to the Kentridge Boosters Club, Fundraising chair is Carol Freitag with Carla Viltz assisting, Concessions chair is Lynda Holman and Janet Slasor. Sandy Covey volunteered to head up Spirit Wear.

Todd reviewed the tournament schedule

  • Most of the tournaments will be combined Varsity and JV with only the 1/17 date being divided tournaments. This will be good for team camaraderie and parent interaction.
  • We can take 7 wrestlers to Tri-State this year.  Bill will coordinate reserving 4 hotel rooms.

Rob reviewed the Financials. We are starting with $3657, comfortably above last year's $2422. 

  • The tournaments signed up for this year will cost about $3000 - about the same as last year.
  • Todd ordered new shorts, jackets and singlets to increase and replace existing stock - totalling about $1000 which is what we receive from the ASB.
  • We received about $302 from the parent Kentridge Boosters club
  • Discussed that the Boosters will pay for concession items this year instead of expecting all contributions.
  • Discussed Todd's wish for special championship singlets. A full set of 14 could cost $1285. Todd will do more research and come back with more options and specifics. The committee decided we could do this in phasing with maybe 5-7 singlets this year and the rest next year. Decision will be made when we get more info.

Carol reviewed the Fundraising plans

  • We are selling frozen cookie dough again. We will get 40% of sales and will have to pick up the product. David volunteered to help pickup and can get a freezer tote and use his truck to help haul the product back to KR for distribution. Carol says this will be in the 12/4-12/10 time frame.
  • The company also has online sales for things like wrapping paper that can be offered to out of town folks. We get 50% of those sales.
  • We will use their offered Incentives and look for donated additional items for the top 2 sellers.
  • We will keep the minimum sale of 10 items or $75 buyout as per last year.
  • We will plan to do the Mariner's game ticket sales in the spring. Chuck will help coordinate that. We will get tickets for $10 and sell them for $15, with $5 per ticket profit going to the Booster club.

Senior Night: Janet Slasor volunteered to coordinate

  • A lot of discussion about providing senior blankets (from Dugans). Very costly at $50 a pop. We have anywhere from 7-10 seniors depending on who comes out of the woodwork. Next year we will have probably around 20, so maintaining the blanket tradition would cost $1000 next year. Sandy will check with Jesse to see what he thinks about the blankets and report back to the group.

Charity Event Jan 30th with Rogers: Todd asked for help in coordinating charity event where we will have a varsity dual with Rogers at the South Hill Mall. Posters are being made to advertise it for people to bring food. Todd will need help with food pick up and drop off at the food bank.

Web Site: Bill explained that we had maxed out the page count for the free web site and requested permission to purchase a Booster paid 2 year subscription for an enhanced web site for $129. This includes the registration for a unique http://www.kentridgewrestling.com/ domain address. The committee approved.

Editorial Note: The new website is now live has been updated, upgraded and improved. Check it out! The old address does automatically redirect to the new address.

Parents Meeting will be either Nov 19th or combined with a Kentridge Winter Sports parents night which may be on the 24th.

  • Bill expressed wish to get parent contact information from all wrestlers. Todd said that he will have managers that can go get that info from each wrestler. We will ask for it at the parents meeting also.
  • It was agreed that we will provide a packet of information for parents that includes carpool info, expectations and tournament info for new parents, request for concession donations and volunteer help and about Fundraising expectations and buyout. Janet and Lynda are going to coordinate this.  Bill would like to this packet to include info on the website and facebook page and include the '10 things wrestling parents need to know' file from the website:  http://www.kentridgewrestling.com/10%20things%20new%20wrestling%20parents%20need%20to%20know.pdf 

Spirit Wear: Todd will finish setting up the arrangements with Eastbay where we will have online ordering, with Eastbay and Nike products.

  • Sandy will take this over and coordinate the 'senior' design for the T-shirt
  • Committee agreed that boosters will buy a T-shirt for all wrestlers - around $10 each.

Concessions:

  • Lynda and Janet will coordinate concessions and volunteers
  • W 12/17 vs KL, W 1/14 vs KW and Senior Night W 1/21 vs KM

Weight Assessments on 11/25/14

  • Costs $5 for each wrestler.
  • Need 2 male volunteers from 2:30-5:00. Bill volunteered to be 1. We need one more. Rey Trevino???

David suggested that we 'tailgate' for tournaments. He explained this as being for breakfasts with possibly having an RV there overnight to prepare that. Todd said that was possible and he could confirm with host schools that it would be OK.

Thanks for all of the participation! I am looking forward to a fun year for the wrestling parents! The combined V/JV tournaments will be great.

Bill Freitag